3D Printing Combining with Medical Imaging Technology, Software, to Create $1.5B Personalized Surgery Market by 2027
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA, September 12, 2017 /24-7PressRelease/ — SmarTech Publishing, the leading provider of in-depth industry analysis services to the additive manufacturing and 3D printing industry, has now published an in-depth study on a major area of organic growth for the medical 3D printing industry -personal surgery applications combining anatomical medical models and patient specific surgical guides and tools. With awareness and use of these tools spreading beyond the early care segments into more mainstream surgical practice, these primary personal surgery applications will combine to create nearly $1.5B in total opportunities by 2027.
For more details on the report titled, “OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING IN PERSONALIZED SURGERY 2017 – MEDICAL MODELING AND SURGICAL GUIDES: AN OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS AND TEN-YEAR FORECAST” go to
About the Report:
Other industries adopting 3D printing focus on the transition of existing applications from traditional to additive manufacturing technologies, but in the personal surgery segment, 3D printing is combining with key medical imaging technologies and software to create an entirely new segment for improved patient care, reduced surgical time and cost, and better diagnostic and screening.
The potential benefits are not lost on the medical community, and future growth is being catalyzed by direct adoption of 3D printing technologies by hospitals themselves, who are keen to establish their own supply chain of 3D printed models and on-demand surgical instrumentation through the establishment of in-house 3D print laboratories.
This new study focuses on the two primary applications which began to impact the practice of surgery over two decades ago -3D printed anatomical models, and printed patient specific cutting, drilling, and other guides. This report seeks to provide a segmented opportunity analysis for all related opportunities, including use of printed models for pre-surgical planning, but also for medical device development and for medical training. Over 120 pages of in-depth analysis and market data provide medical device manufacturers, orthopedic solutions providers, medical print services providers, healthcare group administrators and clinical engineers a look into the real possibilities of integrating 3D printing directly into the surgical workflow.
Market forecasts for this report include:
– Specific revenue generation opportunities resulting from the use of AM/3DP for personal surgery applications, encompassing the sale of AM/3DP hardware, print materials, print software, and outsourced production and clinical engineering services
– Hardware unit sales to support additive production of anatomical models and surgical guides and tools, in unit sales, installations, and revenue, by print technology
– Production volume forecasts for medical models and guides by surgical focus (hip, spine, cranial, etc), and resulting outsourced printing revenue opportunities for the production of such devices
In addition to market forecasts, the report also provides compelling exploration of the value proposition for various models and surgical guides, backed by an extensive review of medical research to quantify the potential for cost reductions in surgery, improvement of patient outcomes, as well as associated challenges related to costs. Finally, an entire chapter is also dedicated to exploring the applicability of major printer technologies and materials for various personal surgery applications, providing medical administrators and leaders a no-nonsense guide as to which technologies may be best to explore for in-house adoption in the hospital.
From the Report:
– The personal surgery segment of the medical 3D printing market provides an excellent short term “low hanging fruit” opportunity for the growth in current print technologies worldwide, contrasted against other adopting segments where technical and certification barriers are slowing adoption trends. With an estimated current worldwide production volume in the hundreds of thousands, growth over the forecast period in the printing of models and guides will exceed 24 percent compounded annually
– Such growth is made possible in part by the wide applicability that printed anatomical models can provide. Though pre-surgical planning models are receiving the greatest awareness due to their potential benefits to patients, there is also a significant opportunity for growth in printing of models to aid in the development of medical devices, as well as to produce training aids for surgeons-in-training
– The personal surgery segment is expected to generate an aggregated total of revenue generation of nearly $10B from 2018 to 2027, primarily through the enabling of specialized medical 3D printing service providers focusing on outsourced production and clinical engineering services supported by 3D printing technology
To Purchase this Report:
For more information or to purchase this report, please contact:
About SmarTech Publishing:
Since 2013 SmarTech Publishing has published reports on all the important revenue opportunities in the 3D printing/additive manufacturing sector and is considered the leading industry analyst firm providing coverage of this sector. Our company has a client roster that includes the largest 3D printer firms, materials firms and investors in the 3DP/AM sector.
For more details on our company go to www.smartechpublishing.com
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here